From Letterman to the New York Stock Exchange, it was a busy launch day for SI's swimsuit models
The SI Swimsuit models are everywhere as they promote the release of the 2013 issue. Here are some of the more noteworthy links, tweets and photos.
- The models appeared on Late Show with David Letterman last night to read the Top 10 list.
- Mashable had a nice writeup of the new SwimDaily Blog.
- This year’s swimsuit issue isn’t just for men. Both The New York Times and Slate note that 18 million women read the swimsuit issue, which this year includes a “Secrets of Swimsuit” style guide with information on swimsuit trends, makeup tips and more.
- Forbes looks at the business side of SI’s annual swimsuit issue and how lucrative it is to be a supermodel.
- Forbes also has a comprehensive look at what former Swimsuit cover models are doing today. Did you know Kathy Ireland has a brand of products (from furniture to flooring to bridal gowns) that now sells up to $2 billion annually at retail (more than Martha Stewart)?
- ABC News, The Los Angeles Times, E! Online, CNBC and the USA Today all profiled Kate Upton as she makes her second consecutive appearance on the SI Swimsuit cover.
- It was only a matter of time before college football fans noticed Katherine Webb sporting a half Alabama, half Auburn jersey in her photo shoot. Yahoo’s Dr. Saturday college football blog has a feature on Webb’s shifting allegiances.