Morning Swim: Monday April 8
Katherine Webb profiled by NY Post, Nina celebrates her 21st in Las Vegas and more news
Your daily rundown of the latest news, videos, photos and all things SI Swimsuit
- Pulitzer Prize committee, pay attention: The Sun has an article about the sunburn on Anne V‘s bottom.
- Also, Anne V appears in a memorable photo shoot for the March 2013 issue of Allure Russia.
- SI Swimsuit model and Splash contestant Katherine Webb was profiled in Sunday’s New York Post where she spoke about being insecure about her looks:
“Growing up, people told me that I was beautiful. But it was hard for me because I was the tallest girl in class and looked a little different and was a little insecure.”
- Kate Upton, a well-known horse lover, holds baby animals in a unique photo shoot for Harpers Bazaar.
- Naomi Campbell‘s modeling competition The Face has been renewed for another season.
- Jessica Hart spoke to Nylon Magazine about her favorite TV shows, modeling for Victoria’s Secret and baseball:
“I’ve never been to a game, since I’m Australian. But I’ve been here for seven years, so it’s become part of my culture and I’ve become a fan by default. It looks like so much fun, so I really want to go to a game. I’ll put on my VS Pink Yankees’ gear and go. I love the new sports attire line because I think it’s so awesome that girls can finally have something cute and feminine to wear as fans.”
- Speaking of Jessica Hart, Vogue Australia went behind the scenes with her during her photo shoot for Girl on Top.
- Nina Agdal celebrated her 21st birthday in Las Vegas with Snoop Dogg and other celebs.
- Did you know Genevieve Morton got bullied as a child for her “granny” swimsuits:
“People used to bully me in high school. The boys would call me granny costume (a costume is what we call a swimsuit in south africa, slang). They called me this because i had a one-piece swimsuit and it was wrinkly when i was sitting. They would call me this everywhere I went, screaming it after me in the corridors or if i cycled down the road. For revenge I became a swimsuit model.”
- Jesse LeBeau can thank his basketball skills for landing a commercial alongside Heidi Klum .
- How old is Elle Macpherson? Despite celebrations for her 50th birthday last week, she actually turned 49.
- Brooklyn Decker had dinner with her husband Andy Roddick, Kevin Connolly (“E” from Entourage) and James Van Der Beek (“Dawson” from Dawson’s Creek). The two actors will star in Brooklyn’s new sitcom Friends With Better Lives.
- Former swimsuit model Kristy Hinze has an addiction — Yoga.
@hanni_davis: Baby shower for my sis!!! #peeps
@tashy_tashb: My life on a boat
@jesslperez: For @velvet_tees by one of my fav photographers, Kayt Jones :)
@irinashaykofficial: Lazy Sunday :)
@katelynnebock: We on a bus.
TWEETS OF THE WEEKEND
Big thank you to artists for changing "bitch" to "trick" for the radio. Really sweet.—
christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) April 06, 2013