Five things we learned about John Legend from his interview with Howard Stern
The pop singer opens up to the shock jock
There’s an old saying: Behind every great man is a great woman. In John Legend‘s case, that woman is SI Swimsuit model Chrissy Teigen. Legend visited The Howard Stern Show on Tuesday to discuss his new album, career in music and upcoming marriage. And like most Howard Stern interviews, there was a lot to learn about the singer. Here are five things we learned from the interview.
1. In college, John’s roommate was Kanye West’s cousin.
The two lived together while students at the University of Pennsylvania. The cousin persuaded John and Kanye to make music together, a collaboration that still exists today.
2. Chrissy cried the first time she heard John’s new single All of Me.
John said the song was “about a woman and her flaws and things like that.” But when Howard followed up asking what flaws Chrissy could possibly have, John smartly said that she has none.
3. John started playing piano at age 4.
Though he wasn’t a child prodigy, John admits that the music came pretty easy to him. He took lessons until he was around nine or 10 before learning on his own.
4. John was not proud of the speech he gave after winning his first two Grammy Awards.
He’s won nine Grammy Awards but still regrets not thanking everyone while accepting awards for Best New Artist and Best Vocal Performance
5. John’s first album appearance was on Lauryn Hill’s album The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. He was credited by his birth name John Stephens.
John was in college and directing a church choir when he was introduced to Hill. After an impromptu performance, she invited Legend to play piano on the sing Everything is Everything on her breakthrough album.
6. (BONUS): His fiancee looks great in a swimsuit.
See for yourself.