Morning Swim: Thursday September 12
Jessica White discusses race in modeling, the one secret of Chrissy Teigen and John Legend and more news
Your daily rundown of the latest news, videos, photos and all things SI Swimsuit
- “Fashion is constantly changing from decade to decade, but I don’t see a change in how many black faces I see on the runway, and it’s something we should talk about because it’s a problem,” says Jessica White.
- In addition to Cindy Crawford, Tyra Banks also transformed into Kate Upton, Kate Moss, Claudia Schiffer, Twiggy, and others for a new exhibition.
- “I’m a beach girl, so definitely walking the runway for all the editors is a lot scarier,” Julie Henderson says about New York Fashion Week.
- What is the one secret that Chrissy Teigen and John Legend keep from each other? “We don’t tell each other how many people we’ve been with,” Chrissy says.
- This is a gallery of outtakes from Nina Agdal’s photo shoot for Leonisa Lingerie.
- Katherine Webb wore black and white stripes to Timo Weiland Women’s MADE event at Fashion Week.
- ICYMI: Polaroids from Julie Henderson’s SI Swimsuit fittings.
WHAT I’M LOVING
Each morning, an SI Swimsuit editor reveals something they are currently obsessed with.
MJ Day, Swimsuit Editor: peoplepets.com – “When all hell is breaking loose in this office and I feel like I want to jump put a window, I spend 15 minutes here and I feel like a new human. Nothing makes you smile like a cat tweaking.”
— Heidi Klum (@heidiklum) September 12, 2013
I have a friend crush on @Bourdain.
— Tyra Banks (@tyrabanks) September 12, 2013
— Dominique Piek (@dominiquepiek) September 11, 2013
San Francisco you’re looking mighty beautiful today.
— Damaris Lewis (@DamarisLewis) September 11, 2013